Through this scenario, you will find out how to:
- Develop appropriate and confident mental health patient care behaviour
- Practise individualized therapeutic interaction techniques in communicating with diverse patients
- Develop understanding of mental health and mental illness concepts in delivery of therapeutic techniques with different types of clients and environments
- Practise and develop soft skills, especially interpersonal communication skills
- Build self-confidence
- Build empathy skills
- Practise adapting to a particular patient's situation
- Develop self-awareness.
This training, created in collaboration with SAGE Publishing - a global leader in educational and academic publishing - is a new, immersive training tool for students in Nursing and related health and social welfare programmes, such as Social Work, Counseling and Psychotherapy.
The experience, prepared with the help of subject matter experts, recreates a realistic interaction between a Community Mental Health Nurse and Susan, a patient with severe clinical depression.