Immersive public speaking training that tailors the experience to the situation, level of expertise and goals of the learner.
Communicating our thoughts, ideas and beliefs is a fundamental life skill, essential for defining who we are and what we need. Yet fear of public speaking means that many of us would much rather shut up than speak out in front of an audience.
This 60-minute course will help beginner and intermediate speakers find their voice, learning how to connect with their audience, communicate with clarity, and present compelling, persuasive and inspirational speeches, whatever the situation.
Once they’ve worked their way through all the activities, they’ll get the opportunity to put their skills into practice in an environment that’s relevant to them.
Available for VR, mobile, PC and Web
This adaptive programme of fully-immersive activities coaches learners in four key interconnecting components of public speaking: composure, performance, charisma and content.
- Build confidence and manage anxiety
- Become more aware of what your non-verbal signals are saying
- Discover the non-verbal behaviours of top orators
- Practise applying different non-verbal techniques in different contexts
- Develop presence by being your own authentic self
- Build charisma in how you speak to others
- Receive guidance in deciding what you’re going to say
- Structure your content for clarity and engagement
Learn how to keep your cool and approach your speaking engagement with confidence.
Our Composure coach Leo will show you how to:
- Ground yourself before you get up to speak
- Filter out distractions
- Banish unhelpful thought patterns
- Manage your anxieties
It’s perfectly natural to feel anxiety when you need to make a speech, but that anxiety can hold you back and limit the impact that your speech will have on your audience.
This grounding exercise will help you control your nerves and project confidence when you get up to speak – even when you don’t feel so confident inside.
Discover how your non-verbal communication affects the way your audience sees you.
Our Performance coach Nola will take you through a series of activities to help you:
- Understand how to use body language effectively
- Learn to use vocalises to warm up your voice
- Shape your voice by using volume, intonation and inflection
- Use pace to add emphasis to your words
What you say is important, but how you say it can have a big impact on your audience too.
From how you use your body language to how you use your voice, this fun set of activities will help you develop your non-verbal communication skills to add even more weight to your message and get your audience hanging off your every word.
Discover the secret of authenticity.
Our Charisma coach Jeremy will help you to:
- Identify what kind of speaker you are
- Connect with your audience in a way that feels right for you
- Learn what type of information you may feel most natural presenting
- Speak as your authentic self
You know what you want to say, but how do you know your audience will take you seriously? They need to trust you, and that means you need to be authentic.
This activity will get you thinking about what type of communicator you really are and learn how to use your natural strengths to deliver a message that your audience won’t forget.
Learn how to structure your speech to inform, influence or inspire your audience.
Our Content coach Faye will give you some tips to help you:
- Start with a bang and grab your audience’s attention
- Keep the momentum going and make your argument in the right way
- End on a high
- Encourage your audience to act
To get the desired reaction from your audience, you need to tell them a story that they’ll be able to relate to.
Whether you’re speaking to inform, influence or inspire, this activity will help you structure your speech with a beginning, middle, and end that will push your audience to take action in the way you want them to.