Let’s Talk About Race
Honest conversations about race are long overdue. Recent incidents worldwide have pushed the need for equity and inclusion to the forefront.
With this in mind, we’ve created Let’s Talk About Race, which is the product of an in-depth collaboration between Bodyswaps and a team of subject matter experts from George Brown College in Canada.
The series takes learners on a reflective journey through a collection of experiences that examine the impact that privilege, bias and microaggressions have on all of us.
- Explore the role your own unconscious bias plays in your thoughts and behaviours
- Examine the impact of bias in popular media
- Learn a four-step strategy for identifying and challenging biased behaviour
- Identify microinsults and microinvalidations
- Learn strategies for having constructive conversations about racism
- Practise challenging others safely and effectively
- Discover what intersectionality means in practice
- Learn to identify privilege
Reflect on how your own social identity shapes your privilege
The typical team is changing. In the modern world, our teams are increasingly diverse, remote and cross-disciplinary. To sustain high performance and foster wellbeing, leadership culture needs to change too.
This series of three simulations is designed for managers looking to adopt an inclusive leadership style. Learners will discover how to listen and give feedback, as well as how to understand and resolve conflict among their team members.
- Recognise the ways in which conflict can arise within a diverse team
- Learn how to flag non-inclusive behaviour
- Practise relationship-building skills
- Identify how managers perpetuate non-inclusive behaviours
- Develop techniques to challenge and to self-reflect
- Practise giving effective feedback
- Understand how a leader’s behaviour can perpetuate inappropriate behaviour
- Develop skills to help others address the source of their conflicts
Practise coaching others to lead by example
Challenging non-inclusive behaviours in the workplace involves a set of steps that will help you start important conversations and foster an inclusive work environment on your team.In this module, which Bodyswaps has co-developed with Interact, you will learn to observe and identify a broad range of non-inclusive behaviours and apply effective techniques to challenge them.
We all agree that sexual harassment is wrong. So why are so many people still forced to endure it every single day?
This module, created in collaboration with the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organisation (ITCILO), was designed to help learners recognise incidents of sexual harassmnet and learn how to intervene in an appropriate way.