Public speaking & presentation skills
Communicating your thoughts, ideas and beliefs is a fundamental life skill, essential for defining who you are and what you need. Yet fear of public speaking means that many of us would much rather shut up than speak out in front of an audience.
Find your voice in this 60-minute beginner-to-intermediate level training programme and learn how to connect with your audience, communicate with clarity, and present compelling, persuasive and inspirational speeches, whatever the situation.
Available for VR, mobile, PC and Web.
This adaptive programme of fully-immersive activities coaches learners in four key interconnecting components of public speaking: composure, performance, charisma and content.
- Build confidence and manage anxiety
- Become more aware of what your non-verbal signals are saying
- Discover the non-verbal behaviours of top orators
- Practise applying different non-verbal techniques in different contexts
- Develop presence with your own personal voice and authentic self
- Build charisma in how you speak to others
- Learn how to engage and connect with others through your word choice
- Receive guidance in deciding what you’re going to say
- Structure your content for clarity and engagement
Learn how to structure an argument for the greatest influence
Become a better listener and improve your relationships, inside and outside of the workplace. Listening actively helps you appreciate other people’s perspectives and avoid conflict.
Learn how to identify what the other person is feeling and how to respond appropriately and with empathy. Then practice your active listening techniques in a safe space.
Learn how to get your point across more clearly with a set of techniques that will make sure you’re heard, understood and able to influence your listeners.
This module will show you how to distinguish between good and bad communication practices and give you the chance to apply your communication techniques in a practical scenario.